Did you know: Your loyal customer base may be your best lead-generating tool to help tell your brand story, attract new customers and sell more products. Why?
88% of consumers trust online testimonials and reviews as much as recommendations from friends or family. (Big Commerce)
91% occasionally or regularly check online reviews before making a purchase.
Moral of the story: Ask for online reviews to pepper throughout your marketing materials and website. Here are seven smart ways to get ‘em:
- Use surveys to ask loyal customers about their experience, from why they chose you to how satisfied they are and if they’ve gotten the results they expected.
- Create a landing page with a form on your website where these survey questions are housed and direct customers there to answer them.
- Use your account reps to gather testimonials as they’re out and about talking to customers, especially from the most satisfied ones.
- After a job is complete, send an email to each customer asking for a testimonial or review—direct them to a landing page where they can easily submit one. (The easier you make it for them, the more likely they are to do it.)
- Put a request on social. Wherever you engage with your customers (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), ask them to submit reviews and testimonials—you can send them to the same landing page we just mentioned.
- Offer an incentive as a thank-you. “Submit a review and get a promo code for 5% off your next project.”
- List your company’s info on Google My Business where consumers can leave reviews—64% of consumers say they are likely to check reviews on Google before visiting a business, more than any other review site.
Once you’ve got some great reviews in hand, where are the best places to put them? We recommend starting with these three.
Add a spotlight on your homepage with an image of the work you did for a customer along with a positive review. (Always make sure to get permission from your customer prior to displaying their work.)
Feature them on social. Showcase your work along with a customer testimonial on your social media platforms.
Strategically place them on product pages. Add a testimonial to each of your product pages that you want to highlight as one of your areas of expertise.
Testimonials carry a lot of weight and wield a lot of power—don’t hide them. Connect with a client success consultant to help you showcase those positive words when you email firstname.lastname@example.org today.