We get it: It seems your website should be a “set it and forget it” kind of thing, like your slow cooker on a chilly football Sunday.
The good news is that it does last longer than a meal in a Crockpot. To be effective, though, it can’t be ignored—not for long periods of time. Design trends come and go, technology advances, new features and functionality appear. To be effective, your website needs consistent TLC so it looks (and functions) like it’s open for business.
Let’s do a quick evaluation. It might be time for a design refresh if any of these seem relatable.
1. Your design looks old. If your website’s design smacks of the mid 2,000-teens, yikes—you may be giving the impression that your business is behind the times. People are ruthless: 75% of customers admit they judge a business based on their website. You know people are bouncing if your site looks outdated.
2. The user experience is bad. Do users have to click around multiple times to find what they’re looking for? Does your site look wonky on mobile devices? Is your navigation confusing? These are signs it’s time for a design update.
3. Your conversion rates are suffering. If you’re not hitting the numbers you want (requests for estimates, email signups, sales, etc.), that could be a clue that your website design isn’t providing the seamless experience today’s consumers want.
4. Your website isn’t accessible. Accessibility means all people can use your website, regardless of ability or disability. If your website has fallen behind on accessibility standards, it’s time to consult an expert to see how to make it more current and usable for everyone. Plus, Google and other search engines favor sites that are accessible—which brings us to our last point.
5. Google doesn’t like it. If you want to show up high in search rankings, an SEO-optimized website is a must. The tricky thing is that Google is always changing its algorithm, so it’s important to work with experts who can keep you updated on how to tweak and improve your site to get in good with Google.
Rest assured that we’re not going to let you fall behind the times; we stay updated on technology and website best practices so you don’t have to. In fact, check out one of our newest designs, Orbit, which was created with simple navigation to help today’s users easily browse around, plus a beautiful testimonial space.
Is it time for your website to get a little TLC with a design refresh or update? Nina can help you decide.